Top Five Events in January
1. Come From Away When 7,000 passengers get stranded in a small Newfoundland town, chaos transforms into gratitude and friendship. Golden Gate Theatre (SF). January 8– February 3, shnsf.com
2. Start the year off right with days and days of laughs. SF Sketchfest features a diverse medley of comedy from local favorites and up-and-comers alike. Various locations (SF). January 10–27.
3. Melvin Seals and the Jerry Garcia Band (JGB) bring the music home with two evenings of Like a Road Leading Home: Celebrating Jerry Garcia. The Warfield (SF). January 11–12,
4. Mediums morph and converge at FOG Design + Art, a fair that celebrates aesthetic pioneers through intimate presentations and dynamic programming. Fort Mason Festival Pavilion (SF). January 17–20.
5. The ultimate showcase of European truffles, the Napa Valley Truffle Festival gathers some of the top chefs, along with experts, for a variety of events including demonstrations, meals and more. Various locations (Napa). January 18–21.